Pea gravel prices

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Morning folks! You have been very helpful with advice on setting up my 500 gallon stock tank. :love:

I don't have it yet, but I'm a prep freak.

I think a layer of pea gravel will look nice and help with plants. I priced the gravel at Home Depot and I'm in sticker shock.
There's a landscaping company not far from my house and they have a ton of bulk rock for sale.

Is there a difference in pea gravel? It looks nice, but I don't want anything toxic.

(y)Thanks for any input! Oh, yeah...... Wash your hands and don't touch your face! Stay healthy.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I got mine from a bulk stone company. They brought me 38000 lbs. It did not cause any issues with our pond and or fish.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Yep, I'm sure you're better off getting gravel from a stone yard or garden center. Those bags are expensive and won't go too far either. It's just like mulch or top soil. I don't buy any of that stuff in bags. I go to one of the garden centers and they dump a cu. yard into my pickup. A cu. yard of top soil is $35 way cheaper than the bags. I don't know the price of a cu. yard of pea gravel, but I'm gonna find out as soon as they lift this stay at home ban. I'm in the process of digging my bog and I figure I'll need about 2 cu. yards.
Good luck with your project and stay safe and healthy.

Ask a Question