Peat moss accident

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Had a small pot, about 3-4l pot fall into the pond a few weeks ago, then I did not think much of it, I removed it much of it. But now it is everywhere, on the gravel, whenever it rains the water gets clouded. Now I am not sure whether to just leave it and let it get consumed by algae? It is a great mess. The water color while clear is brown due to the gravel being muddied.

Or would emptying it, cleaning it be the best? Not really sure.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Had a small pot, about 3-4l pot fall into the pond a few weeks ago, then I did not think much of it, I removed it much of it. But now it is everywhere, on the gravel, whenever it rains the water gets clouded. Now I am not sure whether to just leave it and let it get consumed by algae? It is a great mess. The water color while clear is brown due to the gravel being muddied.

Or would emptying it, cleaning it be the best? Not really sure.
Do not, I say do not empty all the water out of your pond. Just use a net to remove what you can and if you want you can use a big plastic pot w/holes in it and put that white stuffing/batting stuff in it to filter out the fine gunk. Set the pot on the edge of your pond and hook up a hose from your pump to the top of the pot filter and let it run through over the top of the batting back into the pond. You will need to clean the batting off w/a water hose a lot when it gets full of gunk but it will really help your water to clear.
Pot has holes in bottom:

IMG_9255.JPG

IMG_9257.JPG

IMG_9256.JPG

Ask a Question