Photos of expansion project

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The frame you have now would distract me from the pond and flowers.
The flowers will easily grow around the string.

Reaction score
got a funny to tell on myself. Recall that I put a 3 in. bottom drain in the filter falls. The guys who built the waterfall ran 3 in ABS pipe out and away from the falls for drainage. I put a gate valve on the end of the pipe. Guess what I forgot? to glue it:yikesu:

it was holding ok. but today I went to test it and it flew off and flooded my wifes garden. I had to rush to shut off the falls pump. had to laugh at myself. man I'll tell you, that 3 in drain puts out some serious water.

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
I hope you don't mind, but I couldn't but to laugh with you. I seem to do things like that quite often, and so far I haven't damaged anything I couldn't fix myself. Oh yeah, don't forget the glue. :regular_waving_emot

Happy ponding,

Reaction score
:LOL:Had the same issue, but with the plumbing to my pump in the skimmer. Plugged it in and off came the skimmer cover! My wife freaked out, I just called my self an idiot:LOL:

Reaction score
Talking about protecting against Blue Heron attacks. As I put my current frames on this morning before work, I thought to myself: "I don't need to cover the board walk along the pond because a heron couldn't reach down from there and get a fish." Wrong.

Check out BirdPerch.com and click on the heron picture. Amazing shots.

Reaction score
I spent thursday and friday building a retaining wall behind the filter box so plants could be planted back there (i'll take pics next week). Then I spent a lot of time adding some rocks here and there to fill in some of the gaps left by the landscapers. Planted a couple ferns, but the big planting has to wait till Deb has time. Still, with the addition of the new rocks, it looks better.

12 rocks added in first foto. Some pretty heavy. Learned from the landscaper that partly burying them makes them look more natural.
11 rocks added in second foto.
And you can just see the two ferns, one on each side of the box in the third.

Attachments

• Pond expansion 2010 250.jpg
    Pond expansion 2010 250.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 311
  • Pond expansion 2010 251.jpg
    Pond expansion 2010 251.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 307
  • Pond expansion 2010 252.jpg
    Pond expansion 2010 252.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 289
Reaction score
DrDave said:
Looks great! When you get some foliage growing is is going to look awe sum.

I agree. I can't wait. My wife is really busy right now and can't get to it yet. I'm having to sit on my hands now.

Reaction score
D&RW said:
I spent thursday and friday building a retaining wall behind the filter box so plants could be planted back there (i'll take pics next week). Then I spent a lot of time adding some rocks here and there to fill in some of the gaps left by the landscapers. Planted a couple ferns, but the big planting has to wait till Deb has time. Still, with the addition of the new rocks, it looks better.

12 rocks added in first foto. Some pretty heavy.
11 rocks added in second foto.
And you can just see the two ferns, one on each side of the box in the third.

What do you mean by this? ...... "Learned from the landscaper that partly burying them makes them look more natural."

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Most large rocks are partially underground in nature. Very few, except those that have been disturbed, are totally on the surface.

Ask a Question