Photos of expansion project

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
You want the rock to look like it grew there
Not dropped out of the sky

Reaction score
Dr. Dave and Dr. Case summarized it, i.e. about the rock placement. Looks so much better. I did gather a few smaller ones around the buried ones to look like the tumbled down the incline.

Good idea about taking some fish pics. My finny friends are very brave and explorative right now so pics should be easy.

What'd ya'll think of that heron picture?

Reaction score
DrDave said:
Most large rocks are partially underground in nature. Very few, except those that have been disturbed, are totally on the surface.

Jeez... I thought it read, ... "partly buying them" instead of "burying them"..... I should slow down when I read! Thanks!

Reaction score
I'm thinking about going up to Canby where there's a Koi dealer and buying a couple yellow butterfly koi. He's got soome 5-7" or maybe it was 7-9" for $25. I really like the solid yellow ones. These are mixed in with mostly yellow and black. wonder if they stay all yellow if they start out that way. Here's his link if anyone's interested.

www.gardenspotkoi.com

Reaction score
Tomorrow the landscaper is coming with the plants my wife selected. In addition he wanted to reinforce the back of the filter falls with some additional rocks. When they are done I'll take some pictures.

I did go buy 3 little Koi. One is yellow and black, a butterfly. One is all platinum--a doitsu, I think that's how you spell it, i.e. scaleless. And one is yellow. I kept them in quarantine for a week and let em go today. I should have quarantined them longer, but this dealer is very squared away and he's had these fish since Sept.

This brings us to 8 Koi and 14 goldfish. 4500 gallons. That's it. No more fish. Nice school with many colors. I'll try to get some decent fotos of them soon.

Reaction score
no fotos of fish yet. I'll concentrate on that in the next week or so.

here are some fotos with the plants just in. in one you can see my wife merrily planting away. she had a ball.

notice that one of our dogs, Mandy, thinks the deck is her new spot. it's fun to watch her watch the fish.

Attachments

• Pond expansion 2010 284.jpg
    Pond expansion 2010 284.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 276
  • Pond expansion 2010 283.jpg
    Pond expansion 2010 283.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 251
  • Pond expansion 2010 281.jpg
    Pond expansion 2010 281.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 265
  • Pond expansion 2010 266.jpg
    Pond expansion 2010 266.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 269
  • Pond expansion 2010 272.jpg
    Pond expansion 2010 272.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 306
Reaction score
D&RW, you have come a long way baby! That looks super fantastic! I love the high fish spitter. Nice touch. The plantings look aswesome as does the boulders. Very natural. The rottie looks quite content sitting on that decking just hanging out. He's got that look on his face as if saying: ahhhhh, well now I've got a relaxing place to survey my kingdom from!

Beautifully executed!

Ask a Question