Photos of expansion project

Reaction score
Looks really good man. I love the rottie sitting their as well god looking dog, and i like those plants u have up on "mandy's" Throan what are thoes.

Reaction score
thanks everybody. I really appreciate the compliments! I can't believe it's nearly done. You know that feeling after a project when you think "if I had known beforehand how much work (and cost) this was going to be. . . ." But I'm very glad we did it. AND I'm very glad we hired the waterfall work to be done. they did a great job and it was well worth the cost. Now gotta wait for the rockers we ordered to come in
laugh.png

Mandy's throne. I love that. Rotties do have a way of looking regal don't they. She's a wonderful dog. the other day, when I raised the height of the fish spitter so we could go under it to tend to the plants on that side of the waterfall Mandy fell in. It was hilarious. She's pretty big and was turning around in a small space and fell in. She swims like a fish, so no worries, but it was funny.

I can't remember the name of those plants, but I can get them when my wife gets back from her moms. They really do seem to fit those locations don't they. Heavy pots though. They need the greenhouse in winter so have to be moved.

What's left? 1) going to a watergarden store today to try and find a speading bog plant to put on top of the filter falls. 2) weed cloth then bark dust on the path adjacent to the falls 3) wire in new outlet box behind the filterfalls. 4) finalize drain lines for water changes. 5) build stone steps up to the deck. 5) a bit more planting. 6) pop open a coke and chill :(

(sorry if some of the pics are duplicates. couldn't tell for sure what we'd posted)

Attachments

• Pond expansion 2010 280.jpg
    Pond expansion 2010 280.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 261
  • Pond expansion 2010 279.jpg
    Pond expansion 2010 279.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 232
  • Pond expansion 2010 275.jpg
    Pond expansion 2010 275.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 234
  • Pond expansion 2010 269.jpg
    Pond expansion 2010 269.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 241
Reaction score
Wow, what a transformation. Looks completely different from just a few months ago. That's great. Hope you two get to spend some cool evenings out there this summer and enjoy the view.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Your pond looks super great..Great water line , the plants look great ,the rocks
It all came together
Now its time to enjoy :beerchug:

Reaction score
thanks very much everybody. yesterday I wired in a new outlet circuit and i'll divide the load between the two once i get it hooked up. got in the pond today and put some plant tabs in the plants. the lillies are finally starting to leaf out.

also today planted a bunch of grass seed where the yard got torn up. should fill in pretty nicely i hope.

next week my neighbor and I are going to swap out our house's electric load center/service panel to provide additional circuits and do away with the existing panel which has been banned for safety reasons.;)

after that i'll probably drop into a maintenance mode. help my wife with weeding and the garden, and like you all have said, spend evening sitting out on the deck with a good book and a glass of tea.

thanks again to everyone for all the tips, advice and compliments. it's been great fun.

Reaction score
modified the plant layout a bit since we last talked. I'll take pics on Tuesday and post them. Also will take pics of the new net configuration. We have a scarecrow, but use the net most of the time, only taking it off when we're actually in the backyard. we haven't seen the heron in many days now, not even doing scouting fly overs. have to wonder if somebody else didn't dispatch it because i'm learning there's quite a few ponds in the area that i know about, probably more that i don't.

Reaction score
here are some photos. I fell the other day and slammed the canon camera on a rock. I thought it was ruined, but it still worked, amazingly enough. however, these fotos all look a bit out of focus to me so i think i did damage it. anyway here they are.

you can see the net folded back on the boardwalk in one. you can see the scarecrow heron deterrent in another.

and in one, that's me looking for a missing fish. i've had some greenish water lately despite the 57 watt UV light and using barley. not worried about it, but it makes it hard to see the bottom.

Attachments

• Summer 2010 024a.jpg
    Summer 2010 024a.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 230
  • Summer 2010 012.jpg
    Summer 2010 012.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 240
  • Summer 2010 026a.jpg
    Summer 2010 026a.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 254
  • Summer 2010 020a.jpg
    Summer 2010 020a.jpg