Picture of my Hybrid Dutch Aquascaped tank.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Where do you order from? Our club is doing a group buy from liquid creations.
lilybloom and ebay. I look on ebay a lot, depend on which plant I want to buy, I have a few seller I like on there.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
lilybloom and ebay. I look on ebay a lot, depend on which plant I want to buy, I have a few seller I like on there.
there is this one guy on ebay who is the best seller, and only one ill buy from on ebay if anything. Cant remember his name though? of course... Something along the lines of "Green" (no not greenmachine lol) but idk, anyway in general if you can find him, order from him lol!

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Ill post more pics later tonight. New growth on the ludwigia repens/rubin. Trying to make it bushier without having to do anything major so I simply trimmed the stems about 2" from substrate. All have grown back successfully, reason I trimmed so low is not only to make the stems hidden somewhat but also because its a high light tank and any higher wouldn't have a true effect of bushiness.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Beautiful!

This was my old low-maintenance tank with native minnows, dace and darters:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 427
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I have never kept guppys as in my opinion they are way beginner level fish, ive been in the aquascaping hobby itself, let alone the fish hobby, for several years and am lucky to be a fast learner. This tank wouldn’t be suitable for a guppy “farm” anyway. I make enough money off the plants in there (100$ a week almost, rounded up... Then half that profit goes to this tank itself. )

The tank specs:

Pressurized Co2 2bps

Customized EI dosing (wont get into levels of micros and macro nutrients)

Stocking is 5 celestial pearl danios

Plant list:

Blyx japonica

Rotala mini butterfly

Pearlweed

Ludwigia repens

Ludwigia arcuata

Syngth. Belem

Syngth. Manaus

Crypt. Balanse.

Alt. reineckii mini.
very nice eyecandy , my koi will love to eat ur garden lol jk , what if u operate this tank in sunlight ? pros cons and saving?
yes ur rite actually i have done calculations long ago , there isnt any fish that breeds easily can make any business , specialty where i live , common fishes like shubunken , chicilids , guppies are too cheap , guppies & young chiclids are sold in dozens here in wholesale shops , no way we can compete there price , fishes which are expensive are same way hard to breed and takes long time to grow. so i think in fish farming only way to do is in very huge farms or from using scientific methods of breeding .

plants are relatively expensive here too , altho some species can be found in lakes rivers if searched for but most of them in market are imported and less in quantity so i think u have chosen rite thing .

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
what if u operate this tank in sunlight ? pros cons and saving?
Algae growth, indirect light, not saving because you'll spend more on Co2 preventing the algae, cant think of any pros.

Reaction score
Those are very nice looking plants.
I have a planted tank myself with just a few in it. It was supposed to be a
"no maintenance/ low tech" tank, but I have a hard time getting the plants to get good growth. I just don't have the time to put into trimming and making sure everything is where it should be. probably tear it down and just get a few fake ones

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Those are very nice looking plants.
I have a planted tank myself with just a few in it. It was supposed to be a
"no maintenance/ low tech" tank, but I have a hard time getting the plants to get good growth. I just don't have the time to put into trimming and making sure everything is where it should be. probably tear it down and just get a few fake ones
This is were a lot of people give up, because they don't address issues.
What plants do you have?
Lighting? (link if possible but if not its ok)
Do you dose any fertilizers? micro and macros? regime to this?
maintenance?
Inhabitants?
substrate?

Reaction score
46 gal bowfront
Dirt with black sand cap
2xT5 36" lights 6500k, on timer for 8 hrs.
Annubias, Amazon swords, ancharis, and another I can't remember.
Water change very rarely, maybe every 2 months, use Osmocote pellets pushes down
in sand with water change.
Canister filter Fluval 305
2 Lg Angels, 2 clowns, 2 yoyo coaches, 2 small bristlenose,1 large common pleco, 2 parties.
Tank has been set up 2 yrs this July.
Things were doing well then I had a bad black algae outbreak about 8-9 months ago, all my plants got covered with algae. They really haven't recovered. I did change the bulbs just a few months ago, did a good cleaning, Osmocote pellets and the bulbs and new growth started, but things still don't look that great.
I did a lot of research and watch a bunch of videos on the low maintenance tanks, I guess they do more work than they show.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States

Ask a Question