Pipe Size

Reaction score
yeah fishin you are probably right on it not kicking what it says. Still intrested to see just how much wiggle room I have how ever since you asked here are some pics hopefully they come out bigger than the last one
SANY0276.jpg

SANY0279.jpg

DSCF4355.jpg

BambooShark.jpg

2010_0606fishtank0007-1.jpg

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Nice pics, I really like the two brain corals, never seen those two colors before, I had a bright green regular brain and a green and orange open brain like your orange but the orange was more burnt orange on the one I had and looked quite different. I like the banded cat shark too, I had a bamboo I raised from egg to 32". Had to donate it to the Aquarium of Americas. Didn't have it in a reef tank though. had it a Minutus Grouper and a banded moray in the same 250 gallon tank. The moray got to be almost 5' long. I ended up giving it away too. They are so cute and neat when young, Holy terror and TRUE tank busters when big. My Moray probably single handed broke more equipment than any other fish I have ever owned, But he was soo cool to see come out of his vase, it was fairly large but you would have no idea a 5 foot eel was living in there until feeding time.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very nice, must be a lot of work taking care of everything so nicely :yikesu:

Reaction score
Its not that hard the same as anything else do your homework before jumping in and maintain your equipment and thats all. I always want a cool moray eel but there are escape artists (or at least my snowflake eel was) and I got a 2 year old and another comming in july so bad idea right now

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Eel's are escape artists eh? Where do they escape to? Cuz seems like they wouldn't want to head out onto dry land and commit hari kari :confused:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had salt water tanks jw, my bf at the time, bought me a snowflake ell, it liked to try and get out. Also ate my lil fish, it was a surprise from him and by the time i got home the fish were poofed.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Why in the heck do the darn things want to get out of the water. Seems like a dumb idea cuz they are slinky and long and as soon as they stick their heads out of the water you would think they would figure out " hey I can't feel any liquid on me anymore and breathing is quite strange and oh it's kinda dry out here gotta get my butt back inside now!"...............:confused:

eel4.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No kidding finally found the crabs he got under the bed when I moved. They were so cute too!

Reaction score
j.w said:
Why in the heck do the darn things want to get out of the water. Seems like a dumb idea cuz they are slinky and long and as soon as they stick their heads out of the water you would think they would figure out " hey I can't feel any liquid on me anymore and breathing is quite strange and oh it's kinda dry out here gotta get my butt back inside now!"...............:yikesu:

eel4.jpg

Probably for the same reason the chicken crossed the road. Guess we will never know

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Young eels roam to find good feeding locations, they or for the most part solitary animals. they don't really like a lot of fish or for that matter humans constantly bothering them. They don't know we want to give them good care, they know by instinct to go SEARCH out a home they feel comfort in. They do also roam at night in search of food, we as our nature feed in the day when we can see, Their instinct is to hunt at night, this is when most escape and die because this is when we are sleeping and rarely as fish keepers do we get straight up everyday to check the escape artist, (Which BTW, if you think these things are good at it, Octopus are 10 times stronger, 100 times sneakier, 1000 times smarter!) I got lucky, Both times my banded moray got out I found it! each time covered in everything imaginable and both times I thought it had died but both times it survived as I found it early in the morning and hadn't been on the floor to long, Yesterday when cleaning the 75 gallon tank one of my extra large red Hook Silver dollars took a leap and went all the way across the room and onto the table with all the Rc car parts, and chemicals and crude. Had to quickly hand grab it and throw it back into the tank! Yep you guessed it, grease grime and all! Not a fun experience but other than a few scrapes and a small ripped fin looks to be doing good today.
Another reason why covers on ponds and fish tanks are a good Idea. Almost any and all fish can jump/escape our provided homes. Keeping them where they belongs is our goal and responsibility.

Ask a Question