pipe sizes - advice

Reaction score
Hi all,

There's a small pipe running fresh spring water into a tub for animals to drink from, it runs under a summer house im trying to renovate. Pipe is 25mm in diameter, but internally is only about 16mm diameter.

I'd like the water to do different things before heading into the tub, including filling a small pond, and also providing a tap in the summer house for as and when needed. So im wondering what pipe size to use (and go and buy) which will work outside and in, and be compatible with lots of fittings. I ask because I've struggled to find anything that will fit current pipe.

I've bought a y splitter, which has 25mm and 20mm fittings, and I've also got some reducers that fit into current pipe and on the other side go to 19mm. Is 20mm internal diameter quite common?

Hope I've made sense, just don't want to go ahead with incompatible pipe sizes!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That is similar to what is inside my house blue for cold and red for hot and uses a special tool to clamp it to connectors .Out side from the well they use a 1 inch and that is split down to 1/2 inch size

Ask a Question