plant basket

Reaction score
hi all,

my plant roots have started taking off and some have even pushed through the plastic pots i have them in. before winter iw as going to transplant a few into bigger container.

i brought a plant basket from home dept which has holes that it seems the roots can get through. seems like a good choice if i want continued growth with some sort of containment.

anyone use these before?

Attachments

• 20131001_105425.jpg
    20131001_105425.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 210

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I haven't but looks like they would work the roots will grow through them. Some of the plants send out runners, shoots that will grow through a pot like that and wander out into the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I've used them before, and since I just had my gravel removed from my pond, will be suing them for next year. I think those are 10 inch ones. I buy bigger ones I like better, from my fish hatchery. Kim

Reaction score
I use them and just use gravel for support medium. I like them and they are cheap. The more vigorous plants will eventually break through the mesh if you don't divide them soon enough.

Ask a Question