Platinum Ogon

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, so I took a closer look, and they're actually not parasites. And @Dave 54 I separated the females and males. She's doing very well, but I decided better safe than sorry, so I'm giving her time to just chill and be a gal.
I agree Jenny it is better to be safe than sorry when it comes to our koi , however your statement about parasites the only one's you can really see with the naked eye would be parasites such as Argulus or anchor worm the rest you really need to check under a microscope , do you have one ?
Amazon US do some affoardable ones and once you have bought one there are a number of us who can take you through how to use one , that incudes @bettasngoldfish, @Mmathis myself and a number of others .
From there we can take you through how to do scrape etc
Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Sponge is no substitute for an airstone or diffuser plate. To be effective an aerator unit must produce small bubbles. The main purpose of an aerator is not to add Oxygen through the bubbles but to use the bubbles to lift the water causing it to circulate thereby exposing mor water to the surface where Oxygenation takes place. It you are not lifting the water, you are not really accomplishing anything.
When you say air pump Jenny what type are you talking about indoor or outdoor , you in reality would need a koi air pump to give you the lift and volume you need anything smaller simply isnt up to the Job .
This is the type of air pump you will need plus the multi gang :-

http://www.absolute-koi.com/cat3.html

Dave

Ask a Question