water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
yummmmm chocolate?

That is weird, if your computer and browser are still up and running you should still be logged in. Maybe there is a setting that times you out, sure don't think something like that is possible.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Checked my settings, there is nothing I can see that would cut me off in a given time. I was off for about 3 hrs, and was still logged in when I came back, so now I'm REALLY confused! I won't worry about it until I get cut off for good.
John

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Tried adding a P.s. to the above, but it's not working. Comes and goes, just like the smilies! Oh. well.
P.s. Chocolate, peanut butter, shortbread, chocolate chip..... I'm not fussy! :D
John

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Regarding bots and internet surveillance, I came across an excerpt from a book that came out last month ,http://www.amazon.com/Dragnet-Nation-Security-Relentless-Surveillance/dp/0805098070

This is the excerpt http://theweek.com/article/index/258834/yes-you-are-under-surveillance

I also found out that the browser Google Chrome has an extension that reveals who is tracking you on whatever webpage that you visit. If you don't want that company to track you, you can delete that company's connection. The Google Chrome extension is called Collusion. I'm going to try it out this week.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
For example, I just signed back onto GPF using Chrome and the Collusion extension and this is what I got:
tracking.jpg

This is a screenshot, but if you try it, you can roll over each round indicator and it will tell you who is notified when you visit this site.

Interesting!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I must have more protection, this is all I get with FF two of them are my weather programs. Facebook, yahoo, mitchandbev.com..............wonder who that is lol

Capture1.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
What? lol
How does that happen? If you go to the mitchandbev.com website there is no tracking listed there that I know of.

What is FF extension called?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The firefox extension is lightbeam. Yep must be your weather station. I still need to modify mine to do what you have done. On my list, just too busy right now to deal with it

I just checked lightbeam, got a ton of those things on it right now, cause I was bouncing in and out of sites for my sister.

Ask a Question