Plumbing the pond with a big?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your electrical outlet should have an in-use cover. It's a plastic cover that allows you to close it (while you have things plugged in), protecting the outlet from the weather. There's a removable notch on the bottom of the cover where the wires can exit.
I see that your outlet is not a GFCI. Is it perhaps protected by a GFCI circuit breaker or feed by another GFCI outlet? A GFCI protected outlet is a must and is required by code. Please tell me it's protected...
The outlet is running off of a gcfi at the house. If I put it near the pond that thing would be tripping all the time. I haven’t had any issues, I plan on putting a faux rock over it, the skimmer, and the air pump. I have to save up to get this faux rock, it will be insulated and have vents.

Reaction score
When you order the wye get a double one so that you can split the water evenly. You will have to add a cap to block off the unused outlet. Also, take out any twists or bends on the pipe coming out of the pump. If possible swap out that black tubing with a flexible pipe that can be glued on to the PVC. You have a lot of resistance in your setup. Water is going to take the least resistance and it would appear that it likes the flow going to the bog . One other thing if you need a 90 degree turn use long sweep 90 degree fittings and not regular 90 degree.

Ask a Question