water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice looking pond!

get digging those koi are going to need a lot more water!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Very
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Thanks. Will they be ok for now as they are still small. I plan a much bigger pond early next year.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nice. How do you get the water so clear? Like you, I inherited a pond (about 5000 litres). I have a Hozelock Easyclear 9000, and another smaller Easyclear that I inherited (it doesn't say, but it might be a 3000). Both have new bulbs and both get lifted and cleaned (in pond water) every weekend. I have 10 fish of various sorts (all I know for sure is that 3 are some sort of carp) and lots of plants. The water is a lot clearer than when I inherited the pond in March, but nothing like that.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Very
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there could you tell me your water perimeters ie pH nitrate etc
Hi, I check all my perimeters regularly with multi test strips all levels are in the safe zone apart from water hardness which is a little above average but stabalizes after a good rainfall.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Very
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Thanks. I Regularly vacuum the pond and once a month clean the filters and flush to waste then top up with fresh water.
Nice. How do you get the water so clear? Like you, I inherited a pond (about 5000 litres). I have a Hozelock Easyclear 9000, and another smaller Easyclear that I inherited (it doesn't say, but it might be a 3000). Both have new bulbs and both get lifted and cleaned (in pond water) every weekend. I have 10 fish of various sorts (all I know for sure is that 3 are some sort of carp) and lots of plants. The water is a lot clearer than when I inherited the pond in March, but nothing like that.

Ask a Question