Pond edge and flagstone

Reaction score
I think i got it, thanks to everyone ideas and inputs. What i'm going to do is to put sand underneath the liner so I can level out the flagstone and then lay the flagstone on top of the liner. Since the edge is already elevated above ground level to prevent the sand from washing away, I will put river rocks outside the edge to serve as a border. Between the flagstones, I will put small river rocks to fill in the cracks just as what tbendl did with her pond.

Let me know if anyone think there's a problem to the method.

Thanks everyone again!!!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You can also get the edging like I have to hold the rocks and sand in. It's really easy to install. I just took and edger to lay out the path for it and used a rubber mallet to hammer it in place. It holds the sand and rocks in perfectly. It also will let any overflow of water from your pond (like a hard rain or accidental overfill) to trickle out without moving the rocks or sand. Good luck Eric and take some pictures as you go. :)
I included the link to the sissy sock for rocks that I did to help hide my liner since I have a straight edge, no ledge for rocks in my pond. It's really easy and I have used it for both rocks and plants at the edge to hide the liner.
https://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/sissys-sock.15821/

Reaction score
You can also get the edging like I have to hold the rocks and sand in. It's really easy to install. I just took and edger to lay out the path for it and used a rubber mallet to hammer it in place. It holds the sand and rocks in perfectly. It also will let any overflow of water from your pond (like a hard rain or accidental overfill) to trickle out without moving the rocks or sand. Good luck Eric and take some pictures as you go. :)
I included the link to the sissy sock for rocks that I did to help hide my liner since I have a straight edge, no ledge for rocks in my pond. It's really easy and I have used it for both rocks and plants at the edge to hide the liner.
https://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/sissys-sock.15821/

Ingenious!!!! Will definitely post pictures. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask a Question