Pond Fancies in Zone 9b

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Can I keep Fancy Goldfish outside all year if I live in zone 9b. Do they have any special requirements from other pond fish ?

Thank you, Jim.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Depends on what kind of fancy goldfish you are talking about .I have fantails and fancy tail and koi

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know ponddigger on you tube just did video's of them and he is in California

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I cant imagine that you couldn't. I have heard with special care and winter help you can keep them in zone 7. I would think zone 9 should work fine. I would only be concerned about summers being too hot in some locations for them. But zone 9 should not be too cold for them.

Zone 9b = Annual low of 25-30 degrees F

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I cant imagine that you couldn't. I have heard with special care and winter help you can keep them in zone 7. I would think zone 9 should work fine. I would only be concerned about summers being too hot in some locations for them. But zone 9 should not be too cold for them.

Zone 9b = Annual low of 25-30 degrees F
i grew up with reg goldfish in a 2 ft deep pond with fresh water feeds in LA which is zone 9/10 with even colder winters then I bet you get there. We never lost any.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
i grew up with reg goldfish in a 2 ft deep pond with fresh water feeds in LA which is zone 9/10 with even colder winters then I bet you get there. We never lost any.
I have reg GF already, but the fancies in question have a harder time in colder temps.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I have reg GF already, but the fancies in question have a harder time in colder temps.
I worry about mine sometimes, but shes been my toughest fish so far. Cant stop my fat little fantail...icky water...hot water...changed water, rain water...shes been a trooper. In fact, Im thinking of getting more.

Ask a Question