Pond help.pls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi new to this seeking some help .
My pond liner has bubbled up with water behind we replaced liner as we thought it had split. A month later the same happened again after heavy rain has this happened to anyone else or can anyone help with any suggestions to stop it
Many thanks

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our forum!

It sounds like you have run off, from the yard, or ground water, getting behind the liner. During a rain storm go out and see if you can find a place water is running down to the pond and behind the liner. You would then just divert that run off. Since it is just heavy rains that is my guess, runoff is creating the issue.

Ground water is a different problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to our forum!

It sounds like you have run off, from the yard, or ground water, getting behind the liner. During a rain storm go out and see if you can find a place water is running down to the pond and behind the liner. You would then just divert that run off. Since it is just heavy rains that is my guess, runoff is creating the issue.

Ground water is a different problem.
Thanks I'l will look at this

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When I was building mine, I went out with a umbrella to check water flow every time it rained. My pond is at the bottom of a steep slope. I built in berms etc to redirect the runoff.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I was building mine, I went out with a umbrella to check water flow every time it rained. My pond is at the bottom of a steep slope. I built in berms etc to redirect the runoff.
Thanks I'm going to look next time we have rain

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
12119072025_4082615fc3_o.gif

Glad to have you with us. I really can't improve on Addy's suggestion. Let us know what happens.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! I agree with @addy1. Is your pond completely at or below ground level? Where I live, there is a high water table......and clay soil. Due to problems with wall collapses, we had to redo the pond a few years ago. To help with the ground water and bubbling issues, we built the edge up about 12" above ground level so that when full, the water level is always a few inches above "ground level". This has helped a lot! If it hadn't helped, a French drain was going to be our next option.

Ask a Question