pond in progress started 4/21/10

Reaction score
addy1 said:
Thanks, have had a great time working on it.

Mr buoyant fellow has lost 60 lbs since getting married to me, he sinks now lol

The cam only works on IE and you need to accept the active x usually a small notice at the bottom or top of the screen. gpf is the user name no password.
I have u tubes, but only of fish and birds i.e. herons. I just looked at the pond today, so I know the system is up and running.

Sometimes you need to go to tools in IE and add myq-see.com to the compatibility view. The mobile q-see works the best, I loaded in on my finally updated phone, way faster than logging in via the computer, but then again our lappys are OLD lol
I wasn't insuating he was over weight, just that he was wearing a life preserver, which made him bouyant :)

Ok, i use firefox for my browser, maybe that is the issue, i will have to open Explorer, i have to see this amazing pond in action.
Thanks,
Shawn.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
ShawnLimy said:
I wasn't insuating he was over weight, just that he was wearing a life preserver, which made him bouyant :)

Ok, i use firefox for my browser, maybe that is the issue, i will have to open Explorer, i have to see this amazing pond in action.
Thanks,
Shawn.
lol he was when we married...........my sisters all told me you need to put him on a diet, nah, just fed him good food. Pounds fell off. Yes you need IE The fish cam has some muck on it, again lol, but you can still see the fish swimming around.

ShawnLimy said:
I just started digging my meager pond today, and i almost put the shovel away after looking at this monumental pond build.
lol My first pond was 8x2x18 inches deep. The only reason this one ended up huge, was the tractor my sweetie bought me. And we had tons of grass to mow with one yucky slope, slope gone, no more sliding down the slope while trying to mow it.

Any size pond is good! and a joy

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Update on the shubunkin tank install. I like how it turned out. Still have the anti heron fencing up even though the heron has not arrived this summer. They still fly over, but have not stopped for a visit.

in the beginning

DSC05427.JPGDSC05430.JPG

earlier this summer, still working on it, plants just put around in the surrounding rocks, wandered my yard, yanked out plants from other spots and moved them

DSC05513.JPGDSC05487.JPG

After a summer of growth and plants installed, some nice ground covers from CE Love how some rocks, plants, wood can change the look of an install

DSC06466.JPGDSC06469.JPGDSC06471.JPGDSC06470.JPG

Reaction score
I really love how this pond has progressed. I never thought I would like a perfectly round pond before watching this one come together. Just beautiful!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't like perfectly round either, but the 1000 gallon tank was cheap, 50 bucks, honey said buy so I did, then had to do something with it. My lotus tank is a 300 gallon tank round, but with the rocks, wood etc the roundness goes away.

Also dislike preforms, the edge is hard to hide, but again rocks, wood plants blends it in nicely. I have two preforms next to the lotus tank, fed water from the big pond.
DSC06028.JPG

I dislike the ring of rocks look also, when I first started with the tank it looked like a ring of rocks. With additional rocks, plants, rocks sticking over the edge of the tank, larger rocks for a walking path, wood, old root, ground covers it no long looks round. The water fall and water fall rocks really helped.

I need to pick up some larger flat rocks to put around the edge of the pond, still want to do a little more blending in.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They do look really nice and natural addy and I would never have known they were tanks if you hadn't said so. All the plants you have gathered just make it all the more better! The Impatients at the top of the falls really gives it some nice color :blueflower:

Reaction score
Hubby hates that I asked him to build the lily/baby pond as a big rectangle, but I convinced him that it wont look "formal" once it is done and planted. I want to see curved bed lines around it, and with the way plants go over the rocks, it wont look like straight lines later. We have a couple of preforms (one is shaped, the other is perfectly round) that I want to be "planted" near the new pond, but havent figured out yet how to put them to work, or just not attach them, but plant water plants in them period (cattails and pickeral weed).

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My preforms are fed via a faucet from a T on the output of the big ponds pump. I have a 40 foot garden hose going to the preform, the end of the hose is hidden in some rocks, where it waterfalls into the preform. (slow waterfall) It feeds the first preform which is 2 inches above the lotus tank, waterfalls into the lotus tank, which via 1 inch pvc water falls into the next preform, about 2 inches lower, which then streams into the big pond, about a 6 inch drop. Gives them fresh water, some water movement. Tons of critters love to live in those slow flowing ponds.

Keeps mosquitoes at bay having some rosey reds, tads etc living in them. And the water does not get stagnant or too low.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks, I try to make man made ponds look as natural as possible.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is a real turtle shell, the poor thing fell into the shubunkin pond and drowned. I put up a fence so they could not get in, wild land turtles. I have seen them in the bog, in the big pond, in the preform, but they could not get out of the 1000 gallon stock tank. I am building a get out alive critter ramp.

Ask a Question