Pond is starting to look good.

Reaction score
I went out this morning to find my first lily's of the season in bloom along with my two ducks coming by for their morning dip..then I looked in my crappy bog area(will be filling it in soon) and seen what I think are bullfrog eggs which I have never had..exciting things happening here :confused:

Attachments

• IMG_7287.jpg
    IMG_7287.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_7288.jpg
    IMG_7288.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 555

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Pond is looking really good Amber! You can dig that Japanese maple up and bring it to me! LOL, No on second though you better keep it there for us all to enjoy, I would probably kill it, That's one plant I really like and so far I think I've killed like 6-7 of them.
On the frogs eggs, Those don't look like bullfrog eggs, way to many, way to small. Not tree frogs either, if it appears to be long strands almost like spaghetti it's probably toads.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Love all your pretty plants and whoa there are a lot of eggs whatever they are. You are going to have a whole choir singing real soon :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Once the frogs have accepted you and your pond that means you have done good!

Very very pretty, love the plants.

Reaction score
You are just now getting them? I am not far from you and I have had blooms for almost a week. Strange!! Anyone have ideas why that is. We are in the same state. BTW, looks nice!

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
a week is right on time, depth planted, amount of sunlight, available food, fish load, Ph, how old the plant is what it is planted in all can have it's effects of lilies, Different types bloom at different times too. I have one lily that has been blooming since early march, the tropical just bllomed it's first bloom in the 300 this week, The Main parent plant that is in the 2500 pond is just sending up the first bud. I'm still waiting on my Panama Pacific to bloom the first bloom, last year it was the best bloomer this year so far not one bloom.

Reaction score
My plants are growing like mad,fish are keeping cool on the bottom as it is hot and muggy out today.

Attachments

• IMG_7303.jpg
    IMG_7303.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_7308.jpg
    IMG_7308.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 266

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Do you know what kind of lily that is with the pink in the leaves? Those are different, never seen them before! Looking nice!

Reaction score
It is a hardly lily that I bought this year from Lowes..tag said black beauty but it looks nothing like the tag so I am really not sure what the actual name is..was supposed to be darker and more purple? It's beautiful either way.

Reaction score
I was adding water and forgot about it once again..the fish love when I do this,check out the one that made it all the way up the stream! So much fun to watch.

Attachments

• IMG_7316.jpg
    IMG_7316.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_7323.jpg
    IMG_7323.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_7325.jpg
    IMG_7325.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 329

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
blessedfamily said:
My plants are growing like mad,fish are keeping cool on the bottom as it is hot and muggy out today.

Your plants are growing nicely and so pretty.
I think I have that same waterlily from Lowes amber.
Here is a photo I took when they were in bloom:

IMG_1106.jpg

Ask a Question