pond lights

Reaction score
hello all

last year i purchased clear pond lights from home depot and basically i need to replace the bulbs frequently as water seems to get in. anyway looking to replace and looking for recomendations for brand/ type that are good.

probably looking for clear bulbs as i am not sure if i like the multi colored ones.

thoughts?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
http://www.gardenpon...__fromsearch__1

hello all

last year i purchased clear pond lights from home depot and basically i need to replace the bulbs frequently as water seems to get in. anyway looking to replace and looking for recomendations for brand/ type that are good.

probably looking for clear bulbs as i am not sure if i like the multi colored ones.

thoughts?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
they all seem to leak and need sealed with silicon and best ones are LED as they don't get hot .I had one that got above water and melted the plastic lense it had on it .Now I have LED down lights .No more in the water lights .Brightlights led .com has kits

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine where not cheap, but they are bright, stainless steel, no leaks. Put them in the pond last summer. Led lights and bright

Reaction score
I bought a cheapie light last year, not sure of the name. The lens fell out in about a week and the halogen reflective type bulb has been in direct contact with the water. To my amazement it has survived the winter, spring and is still working. My lights are on a timer for 4 hours during the night. The bulb is only about 4 buck to replace.

They make nice stainless and brass under water lights, very expensive but will last a life time. Do a Google search, I’m happy with halogen, not sure I’d spend the extra for LED.

MTC

David

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is a hand held shot I took last night of how my lights do. 5 feet deep or so. Like the way they light up the bottom of the lily leaves

DSC03983.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Awesome, clear water too

David

Thanks, I have it on a timer, only run the lights for a few hours at night, figure the fish need some dark time.

In the winter the lights are on for a lot longer, from about 4p to 9 p

Ask a Question