What Lights Would Best Suit My Pond?

TBH

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Canada
So I found more lights online and was wondering witch will be best
Ive checked the lumens and I really like number 1. on the list but is it to good to be true?

1.https://www.amazon.com/TOPBRY-Submersible-Waterproof-Multi-color-Decoration/dp/B0769F8BYQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1527714130&sr=8-5&keywords=pond+light&refinements=p_n_shipping_option-bin:3242350011,p_72:2661618011&th=1
Idk why this link goes to the canadian amazon but these exact same lights are in the usa store and have better reviews

2. http://www.petsandponds.com/en/ponds-and-supplies/c203815/p17645429.html

Because my ponds inside we might not be adding rocks so how would I weigh it down? will the suctions cups be good on epdm line? or should i just do a ring light for my pump? But even if i do ring light I might not be even able to find for my type of pump
Thanks! :) Tell me if you have suggestions for other good lights you have!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have ones similar to the first one but no remote control. I have had the lights for 3 years now with no problems. The suction cups are a total waste. Get some 4" ceramic tile squares and tape the lights to them with duck tape. You will need to pull them every few months to clear algae off the lens. The plug on these lights needs to be kept dry.

TBH

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Canada
I have ones similar to the first one but no remote control. I have had the lights for 3 years now with no problems. The suction cups are a total waste. Get some 4" ceramic tile squares and tape the lights to them with duck tape. You will need to pull them every few months to clear algae off the lens. The plug on these lights needs to be kept dry.
Ok thanks but im scared for the ceramic to cut the epdm? also it does rain alot here how can i prevent the plug from getting wet?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The ceramic tiles are light and edges rounded. You can wrap the whole tile in tape. You said your pond was inside. Is the outlet outside? I just keep a small plastic box over my plugs.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have the second choice and I love them the 1 watt is just right for some abeyance. I have 6 across the pond that's 26 feet wide an it is just right. but the pond is new I have no clue on longevity.

TBH

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Canada
The ceramic tiles are light and edges rounded. You can wrap the whole tile in tape. You said your pond was inside. Is the outlet outside? I just keep a small plastic box over my plugs.
no my ponds not inside lol its outside where did i right down inside :D oops i did say inside LOL sorry ahha i meant to say since my pond will not have rocks idk how inside got there lol

Ask a Question