Pond liner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to buy a pond liner for my wildlife pond and am looking at the Swell HDPE liners (and undelay). I have a limited budget and would need 3m x 4m. (If I go with Swell UK, I will have to buy 3m x 5m, as the other is out of stock.) I am worried about punctures and tears and so would appreciate any advice, please.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Is Swell a brand name? Not familiar with that. Most prefer an HPDM liner, at least 0.45 mils thick. Your liner is your MOST important piece of equipment — if at all possible, don’t cut corners here. If yours will be a wildlife pond, I envision all kinds of critters stopping to take a drink. If it was me, I’d want it to be as claw and hoof resistant as possible.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, Mmathis and j.w. This is all really helpful. I can see I have to up my budget, and so am now looking more seriously at the expensive alternatives. I will probably be back, in need of more advice! Thank you.

Ask a Question