Pond nearing completion. Any advice of how to cut liner to fit contour of pond?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello All,

I’ve be studying this forum for the past few weeks and this is where my project is thus far. I’m about to cut the excess liner to fit the contour of the pond. Due to the irregular shape of the pond (to fit the contour of the pool walkway) and narrowing on one end, this gives me a lot left over of the original 15’ x 25’ liner (45 mil).

Any advice before I make this cut? Once cut, I can’t turn back.

Any advice on how to hide or camouflage the unsightly folds and bulges? Rock on a roll?

Any suggestions on a cosmetic improvement?

As seen in the pic’s, the liner (as is now) covers the pool walkway and literally goes in to the pool. My goal with this excess is to expand the pond later this year. I have 2 inches of clearance between the bricks and the back of the house with the liner in-between. My thought is to run pipe in this space and have water pouring out from the bricks in various areas.

Thank you

Jim

Attachments

• Pond.jpg
    Pond.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 240
  • Pond1.jpg
    Pond1.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 280
  • Pond2.jpg
    Pond2.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 285
  • Pond3.jpg
    Pond3.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 289
  • Pond4.jpg
    Pond4.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 257
  • Pond5.jpg
    Pond5.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 257

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I built a wall out side my inner wall that held the liner and tucked my extra liner down between the 2 walls and sure glad i did because i raised the height of the pond to make it deeper .You can see the 2 walls in my rebuild .

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Do not do any trimming until project is nearly complete--all rock is in place and several test runs have been made checking water flow.

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
Pleats are your friend. Over time they become unnoticeable.

Reaction score
It's going to be very hard to hide the front edges so that they don't show. One way might be to build a decorative brick or stone wall in front and fill it in with dirt then ground cover at the top.

Ask a Question