Pond Netting Project.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This give you an idea by what I mean when I say "Irregular ". The pond is only 1700 gallons, so not very big. The waterfall present a challenge. For winter I set cement blocks on top of the water fall and run 16 ft. sections of boards fanned out, then cover with a solar cover. I'm embarrassed to admit, it's still set up that way with a net, as we've had so much tree debris this season ......not attractive !
View attachment 111527
Pretty pond!...would love to see those 4 babies up close! :)

Reaction score
No way! that's where I'm at! We don't use the Hamiltucky in the house.

What are the chances.

Yea, uncanny isn't it. I can actually say i live in FF twp as that is now our mailing address, no longer Hamilton woohoo. LOL.
I am kind of behind Rentschler park if you know where that is.

I have no problem calling it Hamiltucky, half the city was populated by Kentuckians coming up for work after the depression. My mom's family came here in 1940.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
If it's mainly for debris... do you have a pond vac? I got a craigslist one last year.. and I am so happy i did. It makes cleaning the pond so easy... leaves... muck... small rocks... etc... all gone while just standing next to the pond. Not having to net the bottom is the best.

Tahoe... you west chester... middletown... ? how far north are you as a Cincy denier!
I've thought about a pond vac, but so far haven't spent the $ and just use a pool net. How often do you vacuum ?

Reaction score
Were near the east YMCA by bridgewater falls. Small world!

Tula... I break out the vacuum a few times a year... You could probably go overboard in it's use since the pond muck builds up as fast as you can clear it out. I only have to use the net for floating leaves and stuff (which will be less with the net now)... the vac takes care of the rest. I actually got mine from craigslist from someone who was getting out of the pond life from herons clearing out their pond a few years in a row. But even at full price... i would buy one.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love the cover but adore your pond! The straight clean lines really appeal to me.

Reaction score
well I got the call from my wife this morning saying that a heron was walking the bridge over our pond. She said it was kinda pacing back and forth watching the fish that were at the water surfacing thinking they were going to be fed.... but it never tried to strike through the net. She eventually spooked it and it flew up to the neighbors roof.

Attachments

• IMG_3342.JPG
    IMG_3342.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 136

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have seen lots of windmill decorations on a roof but that is original

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have seen lots of windmill decorations on a roof but that is original
I saw a butterfly koi weather vane I wanted real bad it was amazing the patina was 50 50 I believe they through a laquire on it so the patina didn't age evenly I have been looking for the maker ever since I was on the cape cape cod that is just incase some one has seen one

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Were near the east YMCA by bridgewater falls. Small world!

Tula... I break out the vacuum a few times a year... You could probably go overboard in it's use since the pond muck builds up as fast as you can clear it out. I only have to use the net for floating leaves and stuff (which will be less with the net now)... the vac takes care of the rest. I actually got mine from craigslist from someone who was getting out of the pond life from herons clearing out their pond a few years in a row. But even at full price... i would buy one.
New
What brand of pool vac do you have or like best

Ask a Question