Pond plants

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I just went outside and I just noticed that every single one of my one plant is cut in multiple spots. I ordered from a new spot this year but I’m not new to these plants. I think they are call water hyacinth. I was in a hurry so I wasn’t able to take a picture. I’m positive it was not like that yesterday and they’re not dying. That I see. They now just look crappy. What’s wrong?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Do you have koi in there? Wonder if so they may be ripping at them. I know they will nibble on the roots but they also like to make a mess and rearrange your pond plants!

Reaction score
Country
United States
DD8FD7AF-6AF7-4A2C-8175-80B560802C72.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you have koi in there? Wonder if so they may be ripping at them. I know they will nibble on the roots but they also like to make a mess and rearrange your pond plants!
Yeah I have koi I there

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Kinda looks like they might have split from the heat but it says they can take temps up to 93f.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So I just went outside and I just noticed that every single one of my one plant is cut in multiple spots. I ordered from a new spot this year but I’m not new to these plants. I think they are call water hyacinth. I was in a hurry so I wasn’t able to take a picture. I’m positive it was not like that yesterday and they’re not dying. That I see. They now just look crappy. What’s wrong?
Betting your temps have gone up and lots of sun they prefer filtered sun and then they can take the heat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Temps have been all over the place over here but that is kinda normal. Not really over 88:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a bunch of bee around the plants. Could it be that
Honey bees? They are only after water.
Mine are in full sun, we have been horrible hot, none of my leaves have split like that. I have had deer munching on some.

This picture is a few weeks back. The leaves still look the same.
20220711_153354.jpg

Ask a Question