pond slope ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone know a way to put a slope in a pond after you have built it to encourage wildlife and create a planting basin. My pond is 6m by 6m with a depth of 1.5 feet. we were hoping for it to look as natural as possible.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I'm thinking the easiest way would be to add some rinsed off pea gravel or slightly larger. You could put it in and create any sort of slope or planting basin you wanted. And it would look natural!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I don't know how much slope you hope to create, but I would caution you not to add gravel that's too deep - you'll create a dead zone at your pond bottom that will be an issue later on.

So your pond is completely flat, no shelves, no slope - is that correct? A few photos would be helpful so we can see what you're dealing with.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Could you also clarify the dimensions? It sounds like you have roughly a 20 foot square pond (19.7 foot actual) with a 1.5 foot deep flat bottom. Is that pretty accurate?
Stephen

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Water will back up and go under the liner and freeze and lift the liner up and out of the hole and if it is preformed it will crack it

Ask a Question