pond slope ideas

Discussion in 'Garden Pond Talk' started by jimmypondturtle, Jun 12, 2018.

1. jimmypondturtle

jimmypondturtle

does anyone know a way to put a slope in a pond after you have built it to encourage wildlife and create a planting basin. My pond is 6m by 6m with a depth of 1.5 feet. we were hoping for it to look as natural as possible.

jimmypondturtle, Jun 12, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. jimmypondturtle

bagsmom

I'm thinking the easiest way would be to add some rinsed off pea gravel or slightly larger. You could put it in and create any sort of slope or planting basin you wanted. And it would look natural!

bagsmom, Jun 12, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. jimmypondturtle

Lisak1

I don't know how much slope you hope to create, but I would caution you not to add gravel that's too deep - you'll create a dead zone at your pond bottom that will be an issue later on.

So your pond is completely flat, no shelves, no slope - is that correct? A few photos would be helpful so we can see what you're dealing with.

Lisak1, Jun 13, 2018
  4. jimmypondturtle

Stephen Noble

Could you also clarify the dimensions? It sounds like you have roughly a 20 foot square pond (19.7 foot actual) with a 1.5 foot deep flat bottom. Is that pretty accurate?
    Stephen

Stephen Noble, Jun 13, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question