j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I've heard good and bad about this vac and am still on the fence about buying it. Anybody have any info on if it's any good or has some problems? Are there any tips you have for making it work the best? Thanks :lol:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Mine works great down to 3 feet. I don't think I would use it if the pond was over 4 feet deep.

Reaction score
i have had one for about 3 years. I pretty much only use it when I open the pond in spring and it works fine. If you've got lots of muck/leaves, do net that first as the vac will clog with larger debris. Good thing about it is that it drains itself when it fills, so it's not like a DIY wet-dry vac that you have to keep emptying which is a PITA.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks for your inputs and I guess I better get out there and measure the depth......I think it's about 3&1/2' deep but it could be a bit more. I sure want it to work cuz it sure would be a time and back saver for me :lol:

Reaction score
I've got 2.5 feet of depth. It does make it easier if you can get yourself in the pond when using it if you've got an underground pond. You'll be able to get in the middle easier, etc.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have plant shelves down about 1&1/2' or so that I can stand inside the pond on so that would prolly be good eh? I'm really close to getting one as Spring is getting closer and closer and my back is saying yes do it but my head isn't quite there yet. :lol:

Reaction score
I have the less expensive version that doesn't empty as it vaccums--it's a straight cycle. you have to wait while it empties. still, i like it just fine. works as advertised and for me it's worked down to about 5 ft as well.

Long time ago I bought a refurbished version of the III. It didn't work and i sent it back, but this one works fine.

Reaction score
My pond is a little over 3 foot deep. I love my pond vac. I think it would still work with 3 1/2 foot depth just fine. If over that depth it would be more difficult to use. I do love mine.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks again for the reviews and I'm still thinking about it. Don't know if I want to spend the money right now w/ DH laid off again. I really want to but I also hear that they may not be selling the Oase PondvacIII in this country pretty soon and I don't know what that means exactly for us here in the states as to the warranty. :yikesu:

Reaction score
i really do think they're worth the money. recently i had cut some untreated lumber and some of the saw dust went in the pond. Settled right to the bottom at almost 6 feet. Used my pond vac and it sucked it right up.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks, I am still thinking about getting one but DH is laid off now and I will wait and see how it goes :beerchug:

Ask a Question