j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I sit here watching the mtn near us now. They are logging up there and taking lots of trees off that hill. It is maybe a mile away and no river next to it but still I hope it is made out of lots of rocks instead of sand like that landslide one was. It has never caved in tho that I know of. My neighbor is researching it now...............yikes!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Guess that is one good thing about where we live, our land is rock on rock and our house is on top of a hill. So no flooding no sink holes no mudslides.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yes that is good that your house is built on a rock foundation Addy, but we all have something to fear, for me it is the floods each spring, for JW she will be up late watching that big hill over younder, and maybe for you it is the hurricane season. We cannot escape the weather, Sissy and CE worry about big bad windy tornato's, nobody is truly safe, there is always something .....

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Except in your little garden villages Colleen where the Fairies and Munchkins live...................can I buy property in there somewhere? :LOL:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have small tornadoes, strong thunderstorms, snow, ice, winds, heat, humidity, drought, hurricanes

Florida, tornadoes, hurricanes, winds, strong t storms, same as maryland except the ice and snow.

Can't escape it!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Some people asked me what kind of filter I use. So here is the box that the filter comes in, I do not have a video yet of just the filter and how it works, but I promise where the snow melts away, on a nice sunny day, I will make a video of the filter and how it works for those people interested. :)

Attachments

• IMAG8941.jpg
    IMAG8941.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 1390143232788.jpg
    1390143232788.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 197
  • 1390143323283.jpg
    1390143323283.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 1390143371029.jpg
    1390143371029.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 135

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes you must do that Colleen cuz it's hard to explain how that hooks up and looks in your pond connected to the pump and all. Whenever I take mine out and do a clean I will also take pix but that won't be for awhile.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Meanwhile, inside my little greenhouse here in Canada, Built by Me, Myself, and I, the beautiful Succulent dishes are starting to regenerate after a long and VERY cold winter in my greenhouse. There was a few times that my little plastic greenhouse got below freezing and some things froze off and died over the winter. But that is OK... cause I am quickly running out of room anyway.

I am surprised at the difference in growth each day, the plants are really growing fast now!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Meanwhile, inside my little greenhouse here in Canada, Built by Me, Myself, and I, the beautiful Succulent dishes are starting to regenerate after a long and VERY cold winter in my greenhouse. There was a few times that my little plastic greenhouse got below freezing and some things froze off and died over the winter. But that is OK... cause I am quickly running out of room anyway.

I am surprised at the difference in growth each day, the plants are really growing fast now!

See SPRING is coming, the plants are telling you that!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Well is is cold outside and last night we got a light snowfall. My bottom pond is half covered in thin ice, and I dragged out the heater last night cause I seen it was going down to minis 10 Celsius. The fish are even sick and tired of the cold and are wondering if spring is even coming!! I will be thankful when March is over, looking forward to April!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Every day I rush outside to see what has grown more. This time of the year a few good hours of sunshine and those little seedling will really take off quick. I am so proud of my accomplishments in the greenhouse, dispite the extra cold winter, I have a nice warm sunny place to sit and look at the flowers! It may not be much, but it works really well and serves a good purpose. I can soak up the sun in there too, like the plants, and it makes me feel good to work out in the greenhouse. The smell of the fresh earth and greenery, it is all so uplifting. Years ago I used to have one of those pop up greenhouses, but they do not last very long and they fall apart so quick, It cost me about 200 dollars in wood and materials to make it myself, about four years ago. Of course like anything, I want a bigger better greenhouse now, and eventlly I will get to that too! :)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have a little fan heater that you plug in. Then I also use overnight candles when really cold, burn them in glass containers, and that helps lots when really cold. I am sitting inside my greenhouse on a new orange mushroom stool, I just got today for 24 dollars from walmart today.
1396323377378.jpg

Ask a Question