Possible ulcer from spawning?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We have a treatment in the UK that would make ultra short work of any ulcer :-

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/the-holy-grail-of-ulcer-treatments.10580/

Ever so sadly I dont think they would ship any over too you But we still have to anethatize our koi should we need to treat with it , either way you need to get the oil of cloves because ulcers are a hands on treatment because the edges of the wound need to be cleaned of dead flesh with a soft tooth brush and the interior of it cleaned up with cotton buds one bud per swipe until the wound is cleaned.
It gets worse If the infection is in its advanced stages so may well prove difficult to treat however a good off the shelf bacteriacide normally works or injecting your koi with antibiotics after anethatizing your koi ( I'd ask your dealer to do this for you).
But remember to treat the ulcer/fungus etc with malachite and Propolis (you can buy this cheaper at a health store rather than spending extra at your dealers I use both the spray version and liquid.
If you have never heard of this before its a by product of a bees hive and which keeps healthy a free of disease it has the same effect on koi
Dave

Last edited:

Ask a Question