Post Your Favorite Pond Pictures Here :)

Reaction score
rebelangel_3733 said:
Oh to hear the bird's chirping, see the colorful flowers, green grass and garden growing....can almost smell it all...

And to see them cooling off rather than trying to keep warm.

Attachments

• DSC_0983.JPG
    DSC_0983.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 285
  • Northern Cardinal.jpg
    Northern Cardinal.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 277
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
no kidding event...it's awesome to see all kinds of birds come to my pond and take a bath or a drink :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Pretty pics, Rebel! In the 3rd pic, is that a Calla Lily blooming pink in the foreground? If so, do you bring them in or was that a first year for them? I've never had good luck with Calla Lily's, and always wanted some!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Beautiful Pecan and can't wait for Spring/Summer to arrive! That burgundy colored lily is so pretty up there! Makes me wish I would have gone bigger seeing your pond full of all those blooming lilies!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Country yes that is a calla lilly. My daughter bought two for me one purple (but looks pink in the photos) and one yellow. This was their second year. I actualy dug one up and forgot the other one! But it came back up last spring (phew). I'm guessing cuz our winters havent been that cold and the ground really hasn't frozen like it's suppose to. I remembered last year to dig both of them up and bring them in.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Rebel, when you dig up the callas, do you dry them out, or store them in moist peat moss or something like that? I've seen the directions, but can't remember for sure.
I'm hoping all my tropical lilies I brought in for the winter will sprout out just fine. In fact, I need to get them potted and put in a large tub in the basement, see if I can get them jump started before warm waters allow them to be put outside. Already have several in small pots in a tub in basement, under lights, next to elephant ears, taros and cannas that I just potted up last weekend. Plus, have at least 2 of the first 6 lotus seeds sprouted, and filed a couple more last night. If I can't have plants outside, I can start them inside and enjoy their growth!

Ask a Question