Potassium permanganate

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'll take your word for that. I don't have any scaleless fish.

You do have to be very careful with the dosage and it takes very little of it relative to the amount of water being treated.

I think there is a calculator on koiphen.com to help figure out the amount to use.

If anyone is going to use it, an accurate gram scale is a necessity in my opinion,

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IF YOUR HAVING ISSUE WITH A BEAD FILTER FOR 30,000 and two bog filters " though i don't know the size. If your still having issues , somethings not adding up.
how many gallons
how many fish
think you over feed
do you test for kh
any chance run off is getting in your pond.
koi or gold fish
where are you
not a fan of chemicals what are you adding?

SCALED FISH can withstand a longer dip than can doits fish ask me how i know
7,000 ltrs, about 10 goldfish although prob a few more as I keep seeing babies and 6 small koi
I don't think I overfeeding, small handful of wheatgerm atm, obviously more in summer as feed medikoi
Yes I test for kh regularly and it's between 6-8 over a 12 month period. Pond is clear and fish look healthy
Guess I could have run off as pond in ground but only surrounded by grass so can't think that would be anything detrimental
I am in the North, uk

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
kh could be higher at 6, 8 is getting there. 1800 gallons i'm glad to see theres no koi as for gold fish very minimal feeding is all they need. i have koi and gold fish and most gold fish just nibble on the rocks they don't even come up for food when i feed the pond/
grass can be very bad if fertilized or weed and pest killers.

Ask a Question