Pressure filter

Reaction score
How many gallons are you looking to filter? How many fish and size? Learn from my mistake and don't go pressure. Go skippy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
pressurized filters never seem to work the way they say .I had one and needed to back flush it 3 or 4 times a day and when I opened after I could not see a difference in the pond it smelled like a sewer

Reaction score
Hmmmmm...I actually bought an off brand pressure filter last year and after a month it started leaking from the rubber gasket at the seal....I bought a 55 gallon drum, last year
, to do a DIY filter. I guess I will reconsider the pressure filter....thanks for steering me back in the right direction!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
cheaper also and you get to say I built it and if it works great you will get to pat your self on the back

Reaction score
cheaper also and you get to say I built it and if it works great you will get to pat your self on the back

I made one last year with the smaller pond..it worked pretty good.. used a storage tote and hid it between the 2 buffalo grass clumps..i only had one return and didnt know it had to be bigger than the inlet so had to make a second return..lol..i'm no plumber so the whole experience makes me laugh now but it worked and i learned from it..

Ask a Question