Problems with Algea

denny

Winter in PA
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I want to thank everyone for the good advice & i will definitely put it to good use. Does anyone have a easy way to catch goldfish ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I would say to drain the pond as much as you can as you do your water change which would make catching them easier.
While you're at it, be sure to scoop out as much grunge from the bottom of the pond as you can.
Be mindful when refilling the pond that there isn't too much of a temperature difference between the existing pond water and the new incoming water. If there is a big difference, fill slowly. Be sure to treat the new water with dechlorinator if you are on a city water supply.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Floating algae and i only feed what they can eat in about ten minutes. Never did water test. I posted a picture. thanks
Deny cut that down to what they can eat in 5 minutes , you could try "Clover leaf" on your pond , it will turn your pond white for a few days but should clear up the pond to crystal clear condition, get rid of half your fish load at least and learn to sex your fish that way yuou can add or remove males too or from the pond thus reducing the numbers of goldfish born each year

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@Dave 54 , I'm interested in the sexting information. I've been wondering if a pond of all males is easier and safer? If you had females, with no males, do they become egg bound?

Ask a Question