Project needs advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and apologies for posting directly to you started and didn’t want to loose what I have written.
Just building a waterfall feature in the corner of the garden and we have a small-medium disused pond that I will bring back to life.
my questions are many at this point but I am looking for advise on pumps / filters and if I should have separate pumps for waterfall and one for the pond or combine the two, do I keep the area separate or attach the 2 areas via a stream or maybe underground pipe to circulate the water.

B6DA5A06-19D9-4872-B597-35B8BAA06BBE.jpeg

FCC458C3-3623-4916-9EA9-24C3869E16FE.jpeg

Front of the waterfall area will have a small 1.5 l x0.5 w 0.4 h mete pond just for waterfall or attached to main pond? Total height is approximately 1.5m top of waterfall.
Any advice or ideas would be welcomed
Thanks in advance

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1591225863856.gif
@Bloodbruiser
I like Laguna submerible pumps myself and it's nice to have 2 in case one has issues. I have one hooked up to a pre-filter that goes to the waterfall and one hooked to another pre-filter that just has a flow tube back into the pond that spins a ball. Oh I do have a smaller one that goes to my pot edge filter also.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! I hope you don’t mind, but I asked the mods to move your message to the public forums. You’ll get many more responses, now.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello yes photos posted, main pond 1.5m x 3.0m x0.700 deep
Small holding area below waterfall, 1.5 m x0.5 m 0.4 deep, height of top of waterfall from bottom of holding pond approx 1.5 m or 2.2 if you go from bottom of large pond. Rough drawing attached too.
Main question 1 pump, 2 pumps, filters etc. For pond and waterfall or separate for each.

Thank you
image.jpg

Ask a Question