Project needs advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and apologies for posting directly to you started and didn’t want to loose what I have written.
Just building a waterfall feature in the corner of the garden and we have a small-medium disused pond that I will bring back to life.
my questions are many at this point but I am looking for advise on pumps / filters and if I should have separate pumps for waterfall and one for the pond or combine the two, do I keep the area separate or attach the 2 areas via a stream or maybe underground pipe to circulate the water.

B6DA5A06-19D9-4872-B597-35B8BAA06BBE.jpeg

FCC458C3-3623-4916-9EA9-24C3869E16FE.jpeg

Front of the waterfall area will have a small 1.5 l x0.5 w 0.4 h mete pond just for waterfall or attached to main pond? Total height is approximately 1.5m top of waterfall.
Any advice or ideas would be welcomed
Thanks in advance

Ad

Advertisements

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1591225863856.gif
@Bloodbruiser
I like Laguna submerible pumps myself and it's nice to have 2 in case one has issues. I have one hooked up to a pre-filter that goes to the waterfall and one hooked to another pre-filter that just has a flow tube back into the pond that spins a ball. Oh I do have a smaller one that goes to my pot edge filter also.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! I hope you don’t mind, but I asked the mods to move your message to the public forums. You’ll get many more responses, now.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello yes photos posted, main pond 1.5m x 3.0m x0.700 deep
Small holding area below waterfall, 1.5 m x0.5 m 0.4 deep, height of top of waterfall from bottom of holding pond approx 1.5 m or 2.2 if you go from bottom of large pond. Rough drawing attached too.
Main question 1 pump, 2 pumps, filters etc. For pond and waterfall or separate for each.

Thank you
image.jpg

Ask a Question