pssst... hey you, wanna see some pics?

Reaction score
Great looking pictures! I was going to ask about the hoop also under the falls. Do you do that for personal preference or to help keep ripples off the plants? I have two sections of lily pads, one is near my falls that do see some agitation but seem to be doing ok. I've read that they need to have air contact to thrive. I arranged rocks under the falls so the water splashes on them before hitting the water. My thought was creating more of a waterfall sound as well as oxygenating(sp) a little more. The fish seem to like the little current there but wonder if I should do something like you are doing to decrease surface ripples, maybe it would make looking down into the water a little easier also.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
sissy said:
I wish i had time for mine :sad:

Think you need to put yourself first for a while sissy............... well include taking care of hubby

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
tekwarren... about the 1/2 ring under the falls... its simpley there to contain any foam or bibbles made by the falls. so it doesnt float around the pond. this is especially useful during spawning and a period after. with all the added organics to the water volume. and to keep the pond surface smoother (less movement or ripples) for better viewing.

Ask a Question