JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well, I have a pump on the way! Now I just have to figure out how to split it. That Oase setup is perfect but I can't drop $40 on something like that right now. haven't been able to find anything similar either. Seems like one of those types of items you could find on ebay for cheap but nothing...

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Well, I have a pump on the way! Now I just have to figure out how to split it. That Oase setup is perfect but I can't drop $40 on something like that right now. haven't been able to find anything similar either. Seems like one of those types of items you could find on ebay for cheap but nothing...

Schedule 40 PVC wyes are available on line as small as 1/2 inch as are ball valves. Once you receive the pump and determine the outlet size you can assemble the desired configuration. Of course, all of this may end up costing as much as the Oase.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I got my pump today! Had a question for all of you.
With my current pump I have a pre filter that looks like this:
gutter-rain-filter-foam-gh002-150.jpg

It sits inside the plastic cage.

The new pump didn't come with it and I wonder if I need to put something in it or if the cage is enough?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I got my pump today! Had a question for all of you.
With my current pump I have a pre filter that looks like this:
View attachment 80005
It sits inside the plastic cage.

The new pump didn't come with it and I wonder if I need to put something in it or if the cage is enough?
If it did not come with a foam filter then none is required, What brand did you get?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They make the same cage for laguna and the cage is the prefilter ,no foam filter is supposed to be used .

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I figured out how to split the hose with pvc and valves for just around $20. Wasn't as complicated as I thought, easier said now that it's done. I'll be camouflaging it when I get another warm day to work with the pond. Temps will be about 10 degrees below average all week. :(

IMG_1610 copy.jpg

Ask a Question