Railroad Cross Tie Retaining Wall

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Gotta love those demanding neighbors and yep they are all over .I have a few myself .There dogs run loose and destroy things and since there are no leash laws in rural areas the only thing animal control can warn them about is the dogs chasing cars and if they cause an accident they will be responsible .Oh well neighbors .

Thankfully dogs cannot run loose here. We really dislike it when folks walk their dogs into our yard to relieve themselves. I caught a lady one day and politely asked her to not do that again. Thankfully she respected our wishes.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
I had a structural engineer examine the retaing wall yesterday. His opinon was in it's current condition the wall can last one to five years. Also yesterday My son worked 12 hours removing the offending fence section, monster trumpet vine destruction, relevel back of the pond to the walls exact height and rebuilt one half of the ponds rear wall. In the near future we will plant easy to grow three feet high yellow liliy bulbs between the back of the pond and the retaining wall. Oh, we also had an arborist properly trim our Oklahoma Red Bud tree after the neighbors landlord's butchery when cutting the tree back to the property line.

Man my son sure worked hard and smart. Everyone should be blessed with such a caing son. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Good to hear, so glad your son helped you out.

Ask a Question