j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
This made me laugh and my neighbors all over our whole area for miles have all seen me carrying rocks in my pockets, back pack and one large one in each hand. They just shake their heads and smile and wave. Plenty of pebbles and small colorful, shiny, round, flat and spotted rocks all adorn our inside and outside area's also.
I love me rocks but they are getting so scarce up here now that we may have to move
1589899576580.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I brought tons of rocks home form @addy1 's home she sold down in Arizona. She can attest to that and I have photo's to prove it. She had some gorgeous rocks!

Chris's rocks.JPG

IMG_6909.JPG

We had them crammed in every free spot we could fine in our truck and camper,lol!

IMG_7394.JPG

IMG_7396.JPG

I had more in the closets and drawers throughout the inside of the camper too! I bet all those rocks dropped the mileage we got on that trip.
I'm sorry that she could not take her beautiful dog rock w/her back to Maryland but it was just too big!
See the brown and white one towards the bottom left, it is the head of a dog.

IMG_6901.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lmao, your truck was STUFFED! I forgot how many you did haul home. And our RV and towed car was stuffed also for our drive east. This was after I had boxed rocks to put into the moving trailer. People helping load asked what the heck was in the box...................I just said rocks, they thought I was kidding.
See the brown and white one towards the bottom left, it is the head of a dog.
Also the pattern is that of a dog, head towards the top facing to the left.

I really did want to bring the dog rock home, but it was darn heavy and would probably not have survived the wet we have here. Some of the AZ rocks only survive there, they melt away with too much rain.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
now jw remind me where you live because my niece and her boyfriend work at the hospital in Seattle and let me know when you are not home so I can get some of those :LOL: ;)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
lmao, your truck was STUFFED! I forgot how many you did haul home. And our RV and towed car was stuffed also for our drive east. This was after I had boxed rocks to put into the moving trailer. People helping load asked what the heck was in the box...................I just said rocks, they thought I was kidding.

Also the pattern is that of a dog, head towards the top facing to the left.

I really did want to bring the dog rock home, but it was darn heavy and would probably not have survived the wet we have here. Some of the AZ rocks only survive there, they melt away with too much rain.

Yep we had a bunch for sure!

That time of our lives was a sad time for us losing a child not too long before that and it was so good to get to go down and meet you guys. It helped to brighten us up and showed us we could still have some fun times in our lives. Thank you to you and your hubby for being so gracious and allowing us to visit w/you and enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner too w/all the trimmings! We loved your happy hour each evening too!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yes I remember your sons passing JW and youa nd hubby needed that happy rock hunt at addy's

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep we had a bunch for sure!

That time of our lives was a sad time for us losing a child not too long before that and it was so good to get to go down and meet you guys. It helped to brighten us up and showed us we could still have some fun times in our lives. Thank you to you and your hubby for being so gracious and allowing us to visit w/you and enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner too w/all the trimmings! We loved your happy hour each evening too!
We were happy you came down, figured it was one time we could actually meet in person. And gave you something to look forward to.
At least on the same side of the US. We did have some great happy hours and walks, hitting the small mountains around my house there.
You were in heaven when I told you to grab any rocks you wanted and I had a ton of rocks in the yard. We also picked up more when walking. Lots of rocks in AZ

Ask a Question