Sealing paved boarders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a pond with a paved border, the paving slabs are level with the surrounding lawn, with the liner under the labs.

The slabs are not currently cemented or fixed in anyway also the slabs are porous.

This means the level of the pond is only ever as high as the base of the slabs.... any water above that seeps into the gap between the slab and the liner.

Is there anyway I can cement or seal the slabs, so I can fill the pond to the top of the slabs ?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there enough liner to pull it out from under and put it on top of the slabs?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomesign4.gif
@w_jones
Can you lift those slabs and dig a small shelf down around your whole pond and then put rocks on that shelf up to your slab edge then you can lift the liner up in back of the slabs so the liner edge if sticking up wards and then push dirt or whatever up against it to hold it up?

Kinda like this only I don't have slabs, I have rocks. That way you can't see the liner as the water will be up to the edge of the pavers.
Maybe show us a photo of your pond setup.

IMG_6048.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Hi, I have a pond with a paved border, the paving slabs are level with the surrounding lawn, with the liner under the labs.

The slabs are not currently cemented or fixed in anyway also the slabs are porous.

This means the level of the pond is only ever as high as the base of the slabs.... any water above that seeps into the gap between the slab and the liner.

Is there anyway I can cement or seal the slabs, so I can fill the pond to the top of the slabs ?
There is a Youtube channel about doing stonework on lined ponds, guy does some amazing work.

Not sure whether it'll be of help, but he seems to use some sort of sand/cement mixture. Now I don't really understand it, he seems to line the pond, then cements the stonework in place. Whatever he does, it seems to come out really great and elegant though. Maybe it helps you.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 159368@w_jones
Can you lift those slabs and dig a small shelf down around your whole pond and then put rocks on that shelf up to your slab edge then you can lift the liner up in back of the slabs so the liner edge if sticking up wards and then push dirt or whatever up against it to hold it up?

Kinda like this only I don't have slabs, I have rocks. That way you can't see the liner as the water will be up to the edge of the pavers.
Maybe show us a photo of your pond setup.

View attachment 159369
The pond and the area isn't really big enough..... 😢

Ask a Question