Seaming EPDM liner

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Carlisel has been arounď a long time they are the Nissan compared to the infiniti

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Carlisel has been arounď a long time they are the Nissan compared to the infiniti
Thanks! That's great to know! I have been reading our long range weather predictions for winter (for what they are worth.) Where I am, the La Nina winter is usually a non-winter - dry and warm. This bodes well for pond building! I ordered my liner seaming supplies, so I'm one step closer to getting started!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
@GBUDD - do you think this caulk would be good to use for that final step in seaming?
Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 8.45.24 AM.png

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@GBUDD - do you think this caulk would be good to use for that final step in seaming?
View attachment 149557
I myself have not used that for epdm but it is what others have recommended. it is a polyurethane base and a great product I have used it on many other applications. Poly glues and caulks are rather strong.
I should add that aquascape and a couple other pros I have seen on you tube just use silicone but anyone who has used silicone knows it shrinks and starts to peal over over the years. I would go with the pl myself . Locktite makes some great products

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
As long as there is nothing in it that could hurt aquatic life...
I think we used roofing cement like that around the opening of our skimmer out front -- when attaching the liner to the faceplate. I am thinking it is fine.
Thanks, GBUDD!

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Great writeup! I'm hoping I won't have to seam the area where my stream joins the pond, but if I do, I'll be returning to this post!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thank you @YShahar . Feel free to ask if you question anything. Send a pm if you need a quick response

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think we used roofing cement
The true definition or excepted product called roofing cement is defiantly NOT FISH FREINDLY

Theres other products generically called roof flashing cement. that is generally more in lines with ponds. but like you showed pl and polyurethane is a flashing / lap cement

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
The true definition or excepted product called roofing cement is defiantly NOT FISH FREINDLY

Theres other products generically called roof flashing cement. that is generally more in lines with ponds. but like you showed pl and polyurethane is a flashing / lap cement
To clarify - the Loctite PL product should be ok?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
YES I'D USE IT BUT PL IS A SEAM cAULKING ITS NOT THE SEAMING MATERIAL.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I need a 12"x12" EPDM which i have. I am adding this to the end of the liner. I was planning to use Liquid Rubber to seal the two together
If this is not a good idea please let me know .Thanks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It will not work. there are many patch kits out there you only need one of those for a tear.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
yes that's fine Not many just add a 12" x 12" the smaller seam tape in 3"

Ask a Question