addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Probably a stupid question......How do you use a wet/dry vac in a pond, doesn't it suck out the water?

It does suck out the water, I have an attachment from sears that will pump the vac dry when it gets full with the push of a button. I used it to clean the small ponds of all the construction dirt, at the beginning of the season.

I use it just on my little stream ponds, it won't work on my big pond, not enough suck. If I vacuum the large pond, I want the water to go to a filter of some sort where I can save the snails.

At this point, so far all I have had to do is take a net and pick up a little plant material off the bottom of the pond, it is staying pretty clean, but I don't have the koi poop machines.

JoaniePA

Joanie
Reaction score
That what I use a shop vac cheaper and easier to use .I put an outlet hose on the other end and let the water I take from the pond reenter the pond from the outlet into a tote with holes in it with batting to pick up all the finer stuff the shop vac doesn't pick up

Sissy - so how does this work? Do you have a hose from the outlet that goes into the bag.. and do you just hold the bag, then, over the pond? Trying to picture in my mind how to do this without making a tremendous mess.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I use a Ridgid wet or dry in my 18" deep pond, works great! I have an helper work the switch and help with emptying the cannister each time it gets full.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sissy - so how does this work? Do you have a hose from the outlet that goes into the bag.. and do you just hold the bag, then, over the pond? Trying to picture in my mind how to do this without making a tremendous mess.

I have an attachment from sears that will pump the vac dry with the flip of a switch

Ask a Question