Semi-tropical ponding in Indiana

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hello all. I am from Indiana but love the "tropical look", therefore I created my watergarden/koi pond from scatch from a plain flat yard with absolutely nothing there except grass, to an 8'x18' semi-tropical looking pond right off the edge of my deck. I used the clay soil to build up around the end of the pond to create two waterfalls. Now my husband and I can sit on our deck and hear the rushing of the water from the waterfalls and enjoy feeding the koi from right where we sit. I have since become addicted to koi ponding! There is nothing I would rather be doing than being out there playing with the fish and messing with my plants. I look forward to being a member on this site to learn more and more and to see the beauty that all of you have created.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yep ponds are nice to listen to and welcome to our group of pond nuts as you are one of us now

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
vent1962
I'm w/ you on loving the tropical look. Should have been born on an island somewhere out in the Pacific. Your pond is about the same size as mine but I have just goldfish. My pond sits out in front of our covered porch in the front yard. We love sitting there also watching the fish and listening to the waterfall

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
come on I want to see more pics after I saw your pond on photo of the month .I am unpatiently waiting :wideyed:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
come on I want to see more pics after I saw your pond on photo of the month .I am unpatiently waiting :wideyed:

Thanks so much sissy!! I just posted some pics of the original pond in 2011, then after making it bigger in 2013 in my album. I hope you enjoy them. I am so excited to find this forum!! Love it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
in_and_out_2.gif
Glad you joined!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I saw your album and what a change who would have thought tropical in Indiana :)

Ask a Question