Server Move

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've had to move GPF to a new server, but I've made some tweaks to the software at the same time. I'm sorry if you've noticed a little downtime on the site today.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has noticed if it's faster/slower, or if there are any bugs. I'm working through making sure everything works OK at the moment :).

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Has been fine for me today. Did not notice anything different with speed.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The only issue I have is the donations aren't coming my way. That got to be fixed.....

I see it is clearly faster here

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I was having issues with errors yesterday - every time I tried to post I got a "oops!" message. And then I'd hit post again and BOOM - double post. Today is perfect though!

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
I was getting (presumably) the same type of errors as @Lisak1, but posts were still going through.

One odd thing I noticed is that adding photos to a showcase item requires that they be housed independently and just the link inserted (which is fine, as I put them on my own website and linked from there). Just figured it was worth pointing out, in case it's a glitch.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I was getting (presumably) the same type of errors as @Lisak1, but posts were still going through.

One odd thing I noticed is that adding photos to a showcase item requires that they be housed independently and just the link inserted (which is fine, as I put them on my own website and linked from there). Just figured it was worth pointing out, in case it's a glitch.

Thanks for the info, I performed an update to the showcase system too, so let me take a look at this now :).

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Seems to be working nice and smooth!

Ask a Question