Show us your Christmas/Holiday decorations!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Here is the free tree that is all lit up and revolves. There is a flat circle thing on top that had some tiny lights in it that switch to different colors and my angel sits just perfect on top of it and changes slowly to all the colors.

IMG_8792.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@j.w - I made those mop Santas for family gifts years ago! My sister still has hers - she's the only true fan of my handiwork! I put those little push button music makers in the end of Santas cap so he plays cheerful Christmas songs!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Boy everyone's stuff is GREAT!

Here is my latest project.

Since my sister's kids are 2 and 1 I've been instructed to fortify the trains against happy hands. The goal was to stop the little tikes from touching the trains but not obstruct their view. Of course the Big Boy engine's turn radius is too wide to stay within the lines of the platform so I had to add some tiny wood extensions and using velcro and some metal rods adhere some acrylic walls to the track and using the metal rods to keep them from pushing over the walls onto the track. (so the theory goes) I drilled a small hole in each of the extensions at the top for each metal rod to keep them in place.

In hindsight I probably should have used a solid piece of wood on each side but I was trying to keep the costs down a bit.

20181209_152722_zpspcgct0fn.jpg

20181209_151822_zpsaand4xkg.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m in a state of waiting. Waiting on the guys to sort the tangle of lights, move 1 piece of our sectional couch so we can put up a tree, waiting on them to get the lights up. Waiting on others in need to post so I can donate all the unused/ unneeded decorations. And I’m waiting to see how my husband plans to make the tree cat proof!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Living room and kitchen. I used to decorate every room in the house including the bathroom! It has just gotten to be too much. These 2 rooms require over 100 batteries to run the lights. and there are quite a few that have to be plugged in so have them on remote control switches.
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
[]
004.JPG
005.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
012.JPG
014.JPG
015.JPG

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Jamie- we put the picket fence around our tree. A few ribbons and lights woven in keeps them out from under the tree. Of course, it won't keep them from making a leap and climbing up!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Jamie- we put the picket fence around our tree. A few ribbons and lights woven in keeps them out from under the tree. Of course, it won't keep them from making a leap and climbing up!
It’s the climbing that we are worried about. I’m not putting anything under it until the night before. The tricks I know; tie the tree up! Use three fishing line ties from the top of the tree tied off to nails above the tree in the ceiling or wall. Strong test line is needed if you have multiple cats, rambunctious dogs, or big dogs that seem to have lead pipe in the tail!
Tie on the shatter resistant ortiments. Again, fishing line, or the wire hooks you can twist on at both the bulb and tree.
Keep them distracted, give cats new toys that are very attractive, like featherd wands, catnip mice, etc. orange essence is said to be repulsive to cats, I haven’t seen evidence of this, but I’ll try it.

Ask a Question