Shubunkins

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well, rubyduby, I think you might need to get ready in the spring for a lot of chasing and frolicing in the pond. I can't wait to see the baby pictures! I think several of the members here will begin the process of "designing your larger pond to accommodate the larger family". It's an offshoot from LPS.
oooohhhhhhhh, you're gonna fit in JUS' FINE!!! @SarahT !! Poor @Jhn , ANOTHER one enlisted by the Acro Brigade!

MMMUUUUUUAAAAAAwwwwwwhhhhhhhh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Well, rubyduby, I think you might need to get ready in the spring for a lot of chasing and frolicing in the pond. I can't wait to see the baby pictures! I think several of the members here will begin the process of "designing your larger pond to accommodate the larger family". It's an offshoot from LPS.
I can't build a bigger pond (small backyard) so I will have to make sure I don't feed when there is spawning...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I can't build a bigger pond (small backyard) so I will have to make sure I don't feed when there is spawning...
you know them neighbors next door, the ones you don't like? Time to re-survey them lot lines, no? And of course, if anyone asks; you're doing this to help save the earth by creating MORE natural waterways...the fact it HAPPENS to be in YOUR backyard, well, that's just serendipity! Go with it, Ruby, you KNOW you want to!! And you gots SarahT to help bulldoze this past city hall! GPF has given her permission to help expand the kingdom! I mean, Dime's busy and I gots to mop (again!) in front of CW's room at the end of the hall, addy's busy polishin' her lil boatie, and well, you're UP!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine don't get fed , usually at all, great population control. Every now and then I give them a few handfuls so I can observe what is wandering around in there.

The three water snakes all disappeared after snacking on a few of the fish.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Mine don't get fed , usually at all, great population control. Every now and then I give them a few handfuls so I can observe what is wandering around in there.

The three water snakes all disappeared after snacking on a few of the fish.
all I heard was; I threw in some snakes as snacks for the fish but it didn't end up so much! ;):cool:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
all I heard was; I threw in some snakes as snacks for the fish but it didn't end up so much! ;):cool:
lol the snakes snacked on the fish, not the fish snacking on the snakes................. a bit of population control, but then they disappeared.

Ask a Question