Sick fish? Here is an old remedy that really works...Cooking Salt.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You have a sick fish.. It's got Fin Rot, Mouth Rot, Ulcers, Fungal Growths, Gill disease....

Well, I've had fish with them all and do you know how I cure 90% of my sick fish?

See Below.

Set up a four foot tank (48 inches) and fill it with water from your pond... for every Litre of water you put in the tank you add between half and a level Teaspoon of 'Cooking Salt'...

Put in a pump (Without filter, sponge or Charcoal) and leave the sick fish in there for 10 days... almost every time your sick fish will recover.

Keep the tank out of sunlight and in the shade.

Cooking Salt only as Table Salt will kill your fish.

(Don't forget to add the sick fish)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the UK we have Cooking Salt and Table Salt (There are many other salts available)..

As you're from the US I don't know how best to describe it so I have added a link that may help you...

I was advised many years ago by an old guy who had numerous ponds that this was the only thing he ever used to treat his sick fish... I have followed his advice and in the majority of cases my sick, injured, fish survive..

There is also this on Amazon... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pond-Salt-...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I hope it helps.

Ask a Question