Sick Goldfish

Reaction score
I rescued my largest fancy goldfish out of my pond last week, it's about 6". It was just kinda laying on his side, so I filled a bucket with pond water, uporooted some pond grass and put him in there to seperate him from the others. It's staying alive but it just lays on it's side. It looks like it has missing scales but I don't see any major ulcers or any thing. I tried to feed it, it sucks the flakes in but then spits it out. Should I bother keeping him alive? Is there some thing I can give it?

Reaction score
I had a fish to do this. I assumed he must have gotten a swim bladder infection. I just put him in a bucket by himself with an air pump. I've READ that if you feed them crushed up peas that it could release the blockage in their system. My fish had stopped eating. If your fish is still eating, you should try it. I don't know what else to tell you =(

Ask a Question