My pond summer and winter and plants in my filters

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well, until I read about your sister..... I was going to say that my turtles would love the strawberries. I have a few strawberry plants left-for-wild growing in their habitat. The plants do well and act as good natural cover for them. I know they bloom and set fruit, and the fruit disappears -- I assume the turtles are eating it, but it could be birds.

So sorry to hear about your sister. Keeping y'all in my thoughts & prayers, Sissy!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have early blooming July bloomers and all summer bloomers ,this way I get them for a long time .My fish love them but so do the chihuahua's .I made hubby home made ice cream and mushed up strawberries for the topping .I guess maybe we are to close at times ,even her hubby says we are like 2 peas in a pod .She is a nurse in the ER room of Danville hospital .Hard job but she loves it .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Stay positive Sissy. Cancer can be beat and I know lots of people now that we're supposed be dead of cancer that are still alive and enjoying life, like the lady across the street was very sick with cancer and should have been dead years ago but very much alive And she just rebuilt her front porch herself this summer. She was way sicker than my hubby and had lots of chemo over the years. Then I have many other friends with all types of cancer that are still alive and enjoying life. Just trust in God and enjoy every moment you can with dear sister... I will pray .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Sissy, sorry to hear about your sister. Thinking of you both.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well there is some good news lymph node biopsy shows no cancer but the brown spots in her lungs are some kind of silica and can cause lung problems .No clue where that came from because she is a nurse in the ER.Unless the hospital remodel has stirred up something

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks be to God for you sis having no cancer! Now pray the silica can be gotten rid of or not cause her much trauma. Good she is a nurse and can be informed better on what can be done for her. Very happy for her and you and all your family that is isn't the awful C stuff!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well my sister has had no luck coming home from the hospital after a 12 hour shift and hit a deer and totaled her car .She was lucky mostly just bumps and bruises .Picked her up today and went and got her rental car .She just got the brand new car 2 months ago .A ford escape titanium .She hit one deer and the other one ran into the side of her car and car flipped sideways into the ditch .Was a long night and day for me at the emergency room with her

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
OMG, Sissy! What awful luck, but glad it's only the car and deer that suffered any lasting damage. Hopefully she has good auto insurance that will cover this. At least it's a testament to the safety of that car!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad your sister wasn't hurt badly as it could have been so much worse! She can replace the car but she could never replace herself. She has such a good friend/sister in you @sissy
I always am on the lookout for critters and don't like driving at night so I avoid it as much as possible. Those deer just jump right out in front of you. Don't they make some kind of noise thing that you can attach on cars so they hear you coming and it scares them away? Think I remember hearing about something like that a long time ago.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Deer are such a menace on the roads. We hesitate to drive at dusk, especially in the spring and fall. And one thing we've learned - there's never just one!

@sissy - glad your sister is OK. That's a close call!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
insurance will cover the whole car and they towed it and we had to go find it so she could get her things out of it .They said there would be to much body work to save it .Funny thing is I got in the car to get her keys so she could get her keys off it for work and home and turned the key and the car started right up .The windshield and 3 side windows are broken and both sides and the front end are messed up .I guess it will be salvaged for parts .She has a rental car and took her over to the dealers today to look at a new escape again .Ford employee discount helps /

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
off to finish my builds for today .nice and cool out

Attachments

• 100_8335.JPG
    100_8335.JPG