SKIPPY BIO FILTER

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the "Skippy bio filter?" I found his web site, Skippysstuff.com and really like the design. I also found a you tube on the construction of it. My question; I'm looking at building a 100 gallon Skippy bio filter using a Rubbermaid 100 gal stock tank, What is the average flow rate in gph and still have it function as it should? I've emailed Skippy 5 times and he can't answer my question, he just keeps talking about the flow into the waterfall, and that it's my pond and my choice.
Thanks

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Yes, the Skippy is an outdated and inefficient bio-filter. Build a trickle tower or shower filter instead.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
myself... i have had no negative experience with my 2 skippy style filters. (1on outside pond, 1on inside pond) i currently have a 55 gal version on my basement pond wich is only 800 gals. there are 230+ fish in it. 5 of wich are in the 20" range. the rest 3"- 5" mostly. i go thru over a cup of food a day. and have had no health or water quality issues in the 6 years of my using them. as i breed and sell koi. now i am by no means claiming they are the best filters. but they have served me well.

Ask a Question