Small container garden

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks great! I love the look of the galvanized steel tub and the plants look healthy. I see parrots feather and a house plant, pothos. That plant will actually live submerged for a while. I used to sometimes use it in betta tanks.

In the picture it looks like the water spigot is attached to the house. Pretty cool (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
It's actually floating in midair! We saw a giant version of this at Ripley's Believe it or Not and my kids were totally intrigued! Had a lot of fun recreating it in a small version using instructions found online! Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Well, my son and husband did the work. Son googled and then the two of them had several trials and errors. They ordered a piece of clear acrylic tubing that fit over the output nozzle of the pump, then made sure to buy a faucet just slightly larger than the tube. They tried drilling holes in the top of it, but ended up using dremeled slits, sort of like the crenellation on a castle. Faucet is attached at the top with marine grade epoxy. The water is pumped up through the tube and spills out at the top, where it runs out over the outside of the tube -- giving the illusion of a floating faucet!

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Galvanized stock tanks can be and are used for keeping fish. I wonder what the difference is between your container and those?

Either way with fish or without we would still like to see your container pond.

Zinc, though not as toxic as Copper, is toxic to fish. It is, like all other Heavy Metals, a bio-accumulate and immuno-suppressant. I would be cautious.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love the look of it, absolutely love the floating faucet. Fantastic work!

Ask a Question