SMARTPOND products from LOWES

Discussion in 'Vendor Evaluations' started by ZEROPILOT, Sep 28, 2017.

1. ZEROPILOT

ZEROPILOT Faster than you are.

This post is to help others that find themselves in possession of these poor products to either get a refund, or to help them find parts and ways to make them actually work.
    The changes I've made are not ideal. But totally necessary.

ZEROPILOT, Oct 25, 2017
    Nyboy and Mucky_Waters like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. ZEROPILOT

mrsclem mrsclem

I was in Lowes last week and they have the Smartpond 5100 for $145! 5 year warranty included. I'm seriously considering picking one up at that price. I have other pumps for backups but the price is hard to pass up.

mrsclem, Nov 1, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. ZEROPILOT

sissy sissy

I was in lowes yesterday after going grocery shopping and they are 115 here .I just can't resist a stop at lowes ,just can't .I was going to post it on here also .They had a couple of smaller ones also .I happened to notice the 5 years also .I wondered when they added that

sissy, Nov 1, 2017
  4. ZEROPILOT

Google them.
    Read the reviews.
    Cheap and inexpensive are not the same.
    As for me, the receipts are long gone. But I'm wondering how you can get a warranty covered from a company that will not respond to Emails or answer the phone.
    My pump is the 2,000 gph and it's still operational.
    So far so good.

ZEROPILOT, Nov 1, 2017
    Nyboy likes this.
  5. ZEROPILOT

mrsclem mrsclem

Lowes will replace any item under warranty, no need to go thru the company. There are 2 sets of pumps with the same GPH ratings. I'm guessing the one on sale is a discontinued model. Only one review but mixed reviews on their pumps.

mrsclem, Nov 1, 2017
  6. ZEROPILOT

Replacing the fine foam pad with another medium and two coarse filter pads has made a very large difference in the issues I was having with impaction and clogging.
    Modifying my waterfall box into a secondary filter has likely rectified the loss of filtration caused by the removal of the fine filter pad.
    Right now....The system is behaving.
    However, all of this work and reconfiguration seems rediculous.
    It comes right down to a bad design.

ZEROPILOT, Nov 4, 2017
  7. ZEROPILOT

Today I added an about 10" resin, turtle water spitter(on the inlet side) to also relieve some of the pump pressure.
    I did this because I couldn't find a 3 way water diverted in 1.25" pipe. But I already had a 1.25 inch 3/8th inch T fitting.
    In the event that I'll replace my 2,000 gph Smartpond pump, I'll get a 1,200 gph instead. Or if in the meantime I find a 1.25" T, I'll ad another water feature.
    Ill end up with a configuration that works.
    I would recommend that Smartpond stops recommending their 2,000 gph pump for their 2,000 gph pressurized uv filter. However, that would be futile since "no one is home" at Smartpond.
    The 2,000 gph pump is simply too powerful. With too much volume for a pressurized filter of that design.
    With the few mods ive made, the bottom 9f the filter still bulges. It's not enough for the filter to topple over. But it rocks back and forth and still requires either being partially buried or placed into a filter house like the one I've made for it. Or it would fall over in a light breeze.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    ZEROPILOT, Nov 4, 2017
  8. ZEROPILOT

I've Emailed Lowes about selling such low quality pond products and challenged them to contact Smartpond via phone or Email.
    They've generously offered to replace either even without a receopt. And that's very generous.
    Score 1 for Lowes.
    Now if they'd just sell better pond products. Like the Becket products sold by the Home Depot.....

ZEROPILOT, Nov 4, 2017
    sissy likes this.
  9. ZEROPILOT

sissy sissy

yep lowes is easy to deal with I am on the lowes board of rating products and get free stuff I can choose from a list of things every 2 months .Thing is people do not rate some stuff they buy and that rating and input helps others decide good or bad

sissy, Nov 4, 2017
    ZEROPILOT likes this.
  10. ZEROPILOT

Oooooh. I rated.;)
    And read the ratings of others.....Just a bit late.

ZEROPILOT, Nov 4, 2017
  11. ZEROPILOT

sissy sissy

I had one and it has an over ride in it .When water goes low it shuts it's self off and you have to reset it .I did not know that ,but it is also hard to reset .I gave it to my neighbor and he reset it and she uses it in her pond now .It has to be 3 or 4 years old by now .She also has my harbor freight pump

sissy, Nov 5, 2017
    ZEROPILOT likes this.
  12. ZEROPILOT

The one from HF looks identical.
    Suspicious.

ZEROPILOT, Nov 5, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question